Welcome to My Modest Blog!

I've always been a crafty person. I love the visual arts and just like to create things. I tend to stare at each item in awe when it is complete... thinking "I made this!?" Call me a hopeless romantic, but the old days had it right in many ways, including traditional homemaking. I've been hobby sewing and crafting since I was a little girl. But in recent years, I found it necessary to sew clothes for my girls to keep them modestly dressed. While nursing my babies, I began making nursing covers for myself and friends. I've also done furniture restoration, crocheting, baking, painting/drawing, photography and more. Enjoying these feminine crafts and other projects has made me want to share my ideas and talents.

I hope to provide you with great ideas and quality products that will "keep you covered!" Some items will be available at an Etsy Shop. Also enjoy my tips and examples on this blog!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crocheting for Beginners

It's a family tradition to be crafty. I've taken up several crafty hobbies including sewing, scrapbooking, embroidery and now crochet.

After looking at all the cute baby items I could buy, I decided - Hey, I can make that! So I looked up free patterns online, watched a few You Tube videos.. and spent 4-5 hours making my first practice piece. I must say, I did rather well. Of course, it will eventually only take 1-2 hours.
100_5374
100_5375
It turned out quite cute. I just wish I could be certain it would fit on a real baby's head. We are having a boy, so this one will have to be for dolly or a friend.

On a grown up head, it looks more like a clown hat!100_5378

Mikayla (9) and I will take up crochet as one of our needle craft projects for 4H. Feel free to pass on any simple ideas or hints!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails