Welcome to My Modest Blog!

I've always been a crafty person. I love the visual arts and just like to create things. I tend to stare at each item in awe when it is complete... thinking "I made this!?" Call me a hopeless romantic, but the old days had it right in many ways, including traditional homemaking. I've been hobby sewing and crafting since I was a little girl. But in recent years, I found it necessary to sew clothes for my girls to keep them modestly dressed. While nursing my babies, I began making nursing covers for myself and friends. I've also done furniture restoration, crocheting, baking, painting/drawing, photography and more. Enjoying these feminine crafts and other projects has made me want to share my ideas and talents.

I hope to provide you with great ideas and quality products that will "keep you covered!" Some items will be available at an Etsy Shop. Also enjoy my tips and examples on this blog!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Mommy and Me Set

MM Mommy & Me set
I was privileged to get an order from an old friend of ours. She had seen online many Mommy and Me skirt and matching pillowcase dress sets, she couldn't help but get one. However, she either didn't like the length, print or price that made it hard to find one to buy. Fortunately, she knew that I love to sew modest wear and had a good selection of fabric to choose from.
All via Facebook, she messaged me sizes and ideas, including this tutorial for the skirt. When it was done, I thought - I hope she likes it…. I hope it fits…. I hope the price was fair…. I hope she doesn't see the flaws! (I'm not the best at zippers)
MM Mommy & Me set
Then we meet up and  - she's giddy! So of course my spirits are lifted, and I confirm in my heart that I love to sew for other people. But I still hesitate, will she like it when she tries it on? Then I get a pic texted to my phone, immediately when they arrive home they tried them on!
MM Mommy & Me set models
She didn't stop there. Facebook friends saw this and they loved it too! I also later saw that they really DID wear it to a wedding the following weekend!

That's a good feeling. To know you're thought of for your talent, appreciated for it, utilized for it, did well and they like it enough to wear it in public! Let me just bask in this moment awhile…

Side note: Seriously, this has my mind working. I got to use my new sewing machine for the first time with this project (another good post), and I can't wait to sew some stuff for me and my 3 girls! This would also make a good "Big Sister & Me" project/set

1 comment:

LITTLE JEMS said...

What a wonderful post. Great idea flawlessly executed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails